My SP Hostess sent out a questionnaire to be answered (for a contest!), and I started worrying over how to go about answering it. How silly. I have come to my senses. I will now take the ready-made blog post and be happy.
Thank you, Robyn
1. What is the one knitting accessory you could not live without?
A tape measure.
No, wait, a lifeline. Well, I couldn't have learned to knit socks without a lifeline, but I don't use one any more. For socks, that is. I've got a lifeline in my unfinished mystery stole.
Definitely a tape measure.
Although, for some patterns, I can't get through them without a row counter. I get lost. But that's only some patterns, so I could just not do those.
Yeah, definitely a tape measure.
2. If you're heading on vacation, do you take knitting with you? If so,
how much and what type of project?
I try to take something small. I pack at least one pair of socks plus whatever else I'm working on that's not too big. I won't pack something that I will be heartbroken if I lose it.
In my carry-on luggage I do not bring anything I wouldn't be willing to have confiscated. Usually some old cruddy needles and yarn for a hat. Plus a crochet hook, just in case the needles get taken from me...
3. Where have you travelled to that you'd consider your favorite spot?
Oregon. We've been to the Portland area twice, and it was lovely for different reasons both times.
4. What is your favorite knitting book at the moment? Do you own it?
Do I own it? Yes. I own both of them. Please do not make me pick one. 250 Knitting Patterns
and 300 Knitting Patterns
. These socks
were designed from the last pattern in the 300 patterns book.
No, I do not read Japanese. At all.
5. Do you listen to podcasts? Which is your favorite(s)?
Yeah, I do. But I haven't really settled on a favorite. I really enjoy The Skeptics Guide to the Universe
. But is that because I'm acquainted with the guys doing it? I've got a bunch in my blogroll that I like but I don't really get to listen to any of them faithfully, so I guess none of them are so wonderful that I'll make a special effort to get to them.
6. If you could only knit with 1 color for the rest of your life, what color
would that be?
Black. It goes with everything. Oh, wait, you want a COLOR? Oh, alright. Blue. Dark blue. It's almost black. But I really do like some variety, you know?
7. If you were far into a project and then noticed a mistake near the
beginning what would you do?
Depends on the project, the mistake, and my mood. I have done all of the following:
- let it be
- cut the yarn and done some surgery
- knit something else entirely
- start over
8. Where is the most unusual spot you've ever knit?
I've knit in bed, on an airplane, in an airport, at a picnic (where I was the only one knitting), at a conference (several different kinds), at a restaurant (it keeps me from eating the bread before the meal). Is any of that unusual?
Labels: questionnaires, Secret Pal, SP11