Sunday, December 27, 2009

Does Anybody Else Notice?

This morning I caught my sweetheart muttering irritatedly about a spam he received from a somewhat local not-for-profit and the ethics of an exempted organization blatantly ignoring every last one of the provisions of the CAN-SPAM act.

What I found so fascinating about this email, when I looked at it, was that the email clearly instructed the recipient to delete the email unread.

The sender of the email sent the email from his work address to his home address, using the bcc option of his email account to send the email to who-knows-who. The bottom of his email contained his company's standard disclaimer: "If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please delete."

Now, the more I think about the content of the email, the more certain I am that his employer wouldn't have approved, even though his employer would be the beneficiary of any business he managed to scare up. (I mean that literally - he was using scare tactics.)

It just boggles my mind.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home