Saturday, June 13, 2009

Two Guinness to the Wind

He he.

With two Guinness in me, I think I've come up with an excellent and unique use for twitter.

A knitting pattern distribution method.

Imagine the following set of tweets:

(NOTE: the user name tipsyknitter did not exist on twitter as of 10:48 pm EST on Saturday June 13, 2009.)

tipsyknitter Hey, I made a scarf! Wanna KAL? Pattern follows!

tipsyknitter with bulky and large needles, CO 20 sts [Edited to note this should be 19 sts. Obviously, this is one of the big reasons tweeting patterns wouldn't work.]

tipsyknitter knit 4-6 rows, start wavy pattern. Wavy pattern is next 20 rows.

tipsyknitter R1 (RS): k3, [p1, k1, Right Twist]3x, p1, k3

tipsyknitter R2 and all even rows (WS): k3, [k1, p3]3x, k4

tipsyknitter R3: k3, [p1, Right Twist, k1]3x, p1, k3

tipsyknitter R5: k3, [p1, k1, Right Twist]3x, p1, k3

tipsyknitter R7: k3, [p1, Right Twist, k1]3x, p1, k3

tipsyknitter R9: k3, [p1, k3]3x, p1, k3

tipsyknitter R11: k3, [p1, Left Twist, k1]3x, p1, k3

tipsyknitter R13: k3, [p1, k1, Left Twist]3x, p1, k3

tipsyknitter R15: k3, [p1, Left Twist, k1]3x, p1, k3

tipsyknitter R17: k3, [p1, k1, Left Twist]3x, p1, k3

tipsyknitter R19: k3, [p1, k3]3x, p1, k3

tipsyknitter repeat above 20 rows until desired length.

tipsyknitter Knit another 4-6 rows to finish.

tipsyknitter add fringe if desired.

tipsyknitter send me some pics!

Did I mention I was knitting while drinking the second Guinness? Maybe I should have mentioned that. That might explain why my megalomania did a knitting/twitter mash-up. Well, it explains the knitting, not much can explain the twitter.

I mean, really, this wouldn't really work in real life, would it? You'd have to be the Yarn Harlot to have enough people following you to be even noticed, right?

(I'm still sure I could do a sock pattern in a series of tweets.)

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm planning on trying your knit along scarf - I'm unfamiliar with the right twist/left twist phrasing - is that something I already know how to do by another name - I will google it and see what I come up with - Randi :)

July 15, 2009 11:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK - I foung this:

RT = Right Twist: Knit second stitch on left needle, without slipping first stitch. Purl 1st stitch. Remove both stitches from left needle.
LT = Left Twist: Purl 2nd stitch on left needle through the back loop, without slipping first stitch. Knit 1st stitch normally. Remove both stitches from left needle

- is that what you meant?
Randi :)

July 15, 2009 11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home