Friday, April 24, 2009

The Problem with Mother's Day



Well, I guess it's pretty obvious, isn't it? Mom died. This time of year, every thing's, "Give your mother ..." And it's a beautiful day out there. Mom would've loved it.

*sniff*

I'm not alone. Years ago, I learned that a friend of mine had lost a baby at Christmastime. Every Christmas was just a little painful around the edges because of it. Holidays are funny - sometimes you celebrate them out of duty but once a person is attached to them they take on a different meaning and a special poignancy when that person's gone.

Mom didn't care much about her birthday, but she cared a lot about Mother's day and her wedding anniversary.

I have a lot to say. But somehow, I'm a little stuck on Mom, even though it's been over a month now. It's just a sore spot, you know?

Life goes on. Somehow that doesn't seem fair.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home