Friday, August 15, 2008

Stuff

Yes, I'm alive.

For some silly reason I thought I'd blog from Vegas. Don't ask me what I was thinking. I have no idea. I spent the week at a conference and had a great time.

I owe you pictures of the second box I received from my Secret Pal. I sent a thank you and then knitted two skeins of yarn on the plane despite my intent to never use anything from my package until I've taken pictures. So when the photos eventually arrive here, there will be four skeins of yarn and a scarf, instead of the actual package contents of six skeins of yarn.

If that doesn't show I liked it, I don't know what will!

We had no power at my house for several hours this week. A local road was closed while they took care of the tree that was jealous of the phone poles. You have to enlarge this photo to actually see the tree - it's between the two utility vehicles. What you see in this photo is actually a leaning phone pole next to the tree. It was closer to cleared up than not when I took this photo.



I'm still re-setting stuff on timers. Since I got a battery-powered alarm clock, I haven't had any nervous nights over potentially missed alarms due to mid-night power outages.

I'm two questions behind in the SP12 questions of the week.

Question #9:
Have you ever entered your knitting (or anything else) in the fair? Would you ever consider it?


Well. Let's see. No, I never have. We don't have a fair in this town, but we do in the town where I grew up (one town over). I think if I were going to enter my knitting in a fair I wouldn't do it there - I might do one of the larger regional fairs. If a bunch of friends were doing it, I might be more likely to bother. I don't generally go to fairs. Fairs are OK, just not the first thing on my list. I've never regretted giving a fair a miss.

Question #10
What Olympic event would best describe your knitting/knitting style?


In order to come up with some sort of answer to this, I really am going to have to think waaaaay outside the box, aren't I? Gaaaah. This is why I am not a successful writer. I'm too literal. I can knit pretty quickly, but I'm not up to Olympic speeds, so I guess that leaves out swimming, the luge, speed skating, ski jump, etc. Sometimes I do cables, so I guess that would be gymnastics? But what's lace? Javelin? And I rarely ever do colorwork, which maybe is more like couples ice skating? I have no idea how to answer this question. Obviously I should've surfed everyone else's answers and come up with something utilizing everyone else's creativity!

I'm sure there's more to say. I just have no idea what that might be at the moment.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home