Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Overdue Photos - Thank You Secret Pal

I generally have a rule for myself. I may not use anything from my secret pal packages until I've taken photos.



That's an absolutely unbreakable rule for candy.

I thanked my SP for the package off-line and promised photos.



Well...it was 6 balls of yarn, not a scarf and 4 balls of yarn.

Really. She would not have stolen from me the pleasure of knitting that scarf. The yarn I turned into Harlot's one row scarf is two skeins of Patons SWS (Soy Wool Stripes) on size US11/8mm needles. That was lovely yarn. It made great airplane knitting. I almost finished the whole thing flying one way from Hartford, CT to Las Vegas, NV.

The other lovely yarns are Patons Kory Socks and something I'd never seen before - Debbie Mumm Traditions. Debbie Mumm appears to be the JoAnn Fabrics house brand, and it looks like it's meant to be a Noro knock-off. Um, Noro is nice stuff, but I've never gotten my hands on any Noro that was as soft as this. (Oooh! An excuse to go fondle a skein of Silk Garden! Nope, not as soft.) And this is superwash. I like it!

Thank you Secret Pal!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm glad you liked everything... I will get getting together your final package within the next week or so.

Your scarf looks amazing! It is very inspiring!

September 12, 2008 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home