Saturday, August 30, 2008

Me Too!

I've been reading the "Booking Through Thursday" questions for a long time, but I've never managed to answer one here, even though they seem easier to answer than the SP12 questions.



If you’re anything like me, one of your favorite reasons to read is for the story. Not for the character development and interaction. Not because of the descriptive, emotive powers of the writer. Not because of deep, literary meaning hidden beneath layers of metaphor. (Even though those are all good things.) No … it’s because you want to know what happens next?

Or, um, is it just me?


I wouldn't admit this in a literature class. In fact, it's not always true. But when I ran across this I was so happy to discover I'm not alone that I must admit it's true most of the time. Don't get me wrong, I like a good characterization. When I find a book that has incredible characterizations I really appreciate it. But mostly that's why I read.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home