Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A Thank You Is In Order

First of all, thank you for all the kind words about the loss of my sweet cat. She got so sick so quickly that I'm still sort of taking it all in.

And last week I was a complete basket case. I realized how bad it was when I had a discussion with a co-worker in which I said I'd check on something and when someone else came to me to check the same thing the very next day, I suddenly realized that I had completely forgotten about it within five minutes of the original conversation. However, I'm happy to be able to report that I do not appear to have done anything stupid to the database. This is consistent with my skill-set. Wake me up at 4:00 a.m. with a nasty technical problem and I'm fine. Ask me to leave a coherent voicemail to tell people that something went wrong ... I find that extraordinarily difficult.

So you can imagine my confusion when I got a package from someone in Utah early in the week. "I don't remember ordering anything," I said to my sweetheart in a bewildered tone.

"Is that from your Secret Pal?" He remembered that I still hadn't found out who my Secret Pal was this round.

This pal had a special touch. She had sent me a couple of cheerful e-cards just to say hi and when she did they were really welcome. I had needed to be cheered up just when she'd sent them. Something had happened so she had been unable to complete the swap by the designated end, and I'd sent her an email to let her know that I hadn't asked for a savior. She hadn't abandoned me - she had even already sent me a package. Life had just intervened, and with her timing, I figured she'd contact me when I really needed a hug.

Wow. Talk about timing.



My amazing pal was Valerie. Above you see that she sent me some Hoops & YoYo post-it notes, a fragile little giraffe, some SweeTarts, a ladybug wind chime, a magnetic list pad, cinnamon whipped honey and vanilla whipped honey from Cox Honeyland of Utah, and a nice big skein of Rumplestiltskin Happy Feet Sock Yarn in exactly the perfect colors! Everything in this package actually has some sort of connection to something meaningful in my life or is just something I really like.

Thank you, Valerie. Thank you very much.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

You are very welcome, Carol! I'm glad that my tardiness seems to have had a purpose--and I'm so sorry that you lost your sweet cat.

January 25, 2008 10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home