Saturday, December 15, 2007

I Suppose I Should Admit I'm Alive

Actually, I'm alive and doing quite ok. I just have no pictures and my knitting has become very back-burner.

I just read Hamlet for class. Now perhaps I'll understand my ex-husband's beloved movie, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead. I find myself compelled to find out.

Then there's the desire to read more of the author I just heard a reading from last night, Miguel PiƱero.

I don't think I mentioned that I found the rest of the sweater that I blocked. The story is that I had started a skirt a couple of years ago, and decided, at the point when I attempted to give it a waistband, that it was both too bulky and too revealing. In short, it was a bologna-casing and greatly enhanced curves I didn't realize I had. I ripped it and knit the yarn into a sweater, blocked half the pieces, put them in a safe place and blocked the rest of the pieces. I was then stuck, because I had mis-placed the first half of the sweater. But I've found the pieces and I've got both side-seams and one shoulder-seam done.

Now I have to go do secret-santa and potluck shopping. We expect to be snowed in tomorrow. Maybe I'll take some pictures and brag about my Tofutsies socks then. After five false starts, the socks came out beautifully. I haven't had so much trouble with a pair of socks since my first pair. Non-wool socks are less forgiving of gauge approximations.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home