Sunday, August 05, 2007

$1.81 to Arrive on Monday

[In which I finally post a photo of the socks I knit for my Sockapalooza pal.]
When I went to the post office to mail these, the postman said to me, "$1.81 to arrive on Monday," and I thought, "Hmm, maybe I should post that picture before the socks arrive."

So now that it's Sunday night, I think I'd better get a move on, eh?

I lost the ball band on this yarn, but I'm pretty sure it was Cherry Tree Hill yarn. The colorway was called "Carnival." My pal said she doesn't like pale colors. When I saw this yarn, I thought it was too vibrant for me and would be perfect for her. As I knit them, I became somewhat skeptical. Did the colors just look a bit paler than I thought at first? Or are these growing on me so much that I want an excuse to keep them?

Well, they're too big for me, so she gets them, even though I'm not quite sure the yarn is vibrant enough for her.

And I couldn't get a decent picture of them. This is the best I could do. Both the colors and the pattern got great accolades in person. This is just a poor photo.

I've really enjoyed meeting my pal through her blog. She lives in the same state as I do. Maybe we'll bother to meet one of these days.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see that your socks are on their way out! Get ready for yours to arrive sometime this week!
I really hope you enjoy them.
-your sockpal

August 08, 2007 2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home