Saturday, July 14, 2007

Charity Knitting

[In which I display charity knitting, most of which was not knit by me.]

I ended up a point person for collecting scarves for a local chapter of the American Cancer Society. As part of their Relay for Life, they wanted to give scarves to cancer survivors at a banquet. We didn't end up getting enough scarves for the banquet, and the scarves were instead given to people currently in treatment. The first two pictures are of scarves delivered with less than two week's notice by the wonderful members of Knit Happens, the Naugatuck Knitting and Crochet Guild, which meets at Yarn Knit All in Naugatuck, CT. If you're in the area, please drop by and support this wonderful community-oriented place!


The other third of the scarves delivered were knitted by myself and a few co-workers.

The orange one at the bottom left is an Argosy. Yes, I am insane. And that was really fun to knit!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home