Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Hogwarts Sock Swap Questionnaire

You know, I'm really surprised at how much I've been looking forward to this sock swap. I enjoyed the Harry Potter books and movies quite a bit. And the knitted garments in the movies were strikingly, well, perfect. But, you know, I have actively resisted becoming a Harry Potter groupie. Mostly. Well, maybe not particularly successfully!

And my answers to the Hogwarts Sock Swap Questionnaire are...

1. What Hogwarts house have you been sorted into?

Hufflepuff

2. Shoe size?

U.S. Women's size 8 1/2 Medium. I bet I'm really an 8 wide.

3. Foot Length?

9 inches

4. Foot Circumference?

9 inches (call me square).

5. List your three favorite double-point needle brands, including size and length.

Well, I've got some Susan Bates metal dpns that I'm not too fond of.

I've been doing the magic-loop technique exclusively since I first managed to actually get around the foot. I really love my Knitpicks size 1, 32" circulars - they've got a nice long point. I used to use only Addi Turbos, and I still use them sometimes, but the points are too dull for me, and I'm not about to spring for a set of Addi lace needles when I've got four sets of the regulars. The Addis I use are 40" and 60". And since my gauge is approximately 8 sts/inch on size 1 needles on most sock yarns, I don't have plans to knit with a larger or smaller needle any time soon.

6. Would you like to try a new brand needle? If so, which brand? Size? Length?

You know, even though I specifically have stuck with the magic loop technique because I have been known to pull the wrong needle out of my hand when starting the next needle (leaving a bunch of stitches flapping in the breeze, yes, I know I'm an idiot), I have been thinking that I would really like to try dpns again. I'd need a five-needle set - I just can't be bothered to figure the stitches for thirds. And I'd like something that's not metal and with a decent point. In size 1, about 7" long, perhaps?


7. If you are a RAVENCLAW, do you prefer the colors in the film or the book? Do you have a strong preference?

not applicable

8. Are you willing to have an international Hogwarts Sock Pal?

Yes, I most certainly would.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanted to let you know that your secret sock pal is lurking. I will be emailing you as soon as I figure out that anonymous email thing. (????!) Don't worry, my knitting skills are way better than my computer skills. :)

April 12, 2007 4:44 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

No whining allowed! Glad to see your Hogwarts Pal has contacted you. Hope you have lots of fun in the swap!

April 14, 2007 6:18 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Hope all is well. I see you are finding time for another SP exchange, so I trust that is an indication that things are better with your Mom.

April 15, 2007 11:54 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hi! It's your prefect, Laura!
Glad to see that you've got your questonnaire up! YAY! That's 15 points!
Go Huffles!!

April 20, 2007 6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home