Friday, April 27, 2007

Cool Stuff?

First of all, thank you for asking, my mother is doing much better. Much, much, much better. Her knee is in wonderful shape, and her mental state is back to pretty close to normal for her. Now I'm sort of re-constructing my own life, and figuring out what I need to do regularly for her and what she can do herself. Right now it looks like I fill the med dispenser and cajole her into doing the laundry.

It had been so long since I'd been to my local knitting group that one of our members is about to have a baby and this is the first I learned of it. I've really been out of it!

So, why haven't I posted here in a while? I have been too busy reading a million other people's wonderful sites!

Here's some cool stuff I've found that you probably have already seen elsewhere:

If you haven't concluded yet that I am an original geek at heart, wonder no more. I got several of these from the User Friendly 'static feed' (which I only seem to be able to read on bloglines - the web page itself is too confusing to me).

Genome Quilts.

Page Not Found (404).

Animated cursor.

What to do with those old 3 1/2" floppies.

One source of swap information. Seriously, my other best source of swap information has been other people's blogs. I read WAY too many blogs. I'm generally behind on them, and I haven't listened to a podcast in forever. But I've got these plans....

I finally knit Criminy Jickets' Garterlac Dishcloth. Twice. The first time I just completely spaced the decrease triangle on the second row. This is so incredibly cool. I've got to wash it once to make the stitches even out a bit and then I'll take a picture for you.

There's a really cute cartoon in this post.

In the past month, I have attempted to start the chevron scarf no less than eight times. It's not going to happen. But folks, I tried. I just couldn't get along with it.

Thank you, Cathy, for posting this wonderful little cartoon. Made me laugh when I needed one desperately!

If you've been living under a rock and haven't tripped over Franklin's blog yet, here's an example of his creativity. That's not his best, either.

How's your sense of whimsy? Yeah, that's a lot of work for a little whimsy. But it's cool.

Bruce Schneier's Second Annual Movie-Plot Threat Contest. Seriously, if you want to understand the difference between real security and security theater, read this guy's stuff.

So, I've got to take pictures of the finished socks that have come out of the wash. I have to name the project I want to submit to Knitty. (That's going to be a problem. I've never been good at naming things.) Oh, and I have to go to bed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home