Monday, April 09, 2007

Apparently, I can't get enough socks

In preparation for the possibility of joining yet another sock swap, I have gotten myself sorted in the Harry Potter world.


Which Hogwarts house will you be sorted into?



Now, don't get me wrong. I really did enjoy the books and the movies. But to consider knitting a Hogwarts-themed pair of socks...yep, I must be out of my mind.

So, why no pictures, you might be wondering? I've finished a pair of socks and I've started another. Well...the pair I finished is a pair I'm seriously considering submitting to one of the on-line knitting magazines for potential publication, and the other pair is in a pattern that I got from a sock-swap which my partner mentioned she might like to try to publish. So...I got nothin' to show for all my considerable effort.

However, I can report that I've taken the first half of the sweater formerly known as my skirt off the blocking board (several months after pinning it on there) and put the second half on the blocking board. The next step will be to sew the seams and do the button bands and neckline. Then I will have a nice plain black sweater. Probably in time for the hottest weather of the year.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too, me too. I couldn't resist a sock exchange. But, I'm a Ravenclaw.

April 09, 2007 11:16 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

if the sox are from the pattern
i sent you
PLEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZ
post a pix
wish i had known about the soxk swap
lmk if there are others
how do you find about them

April 18, 2007 7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home