Saturday, February 10, 2007

Thank You, Correction and Answer

My first order of business is a belated public thank you to my SP9. I made sure to send off a thank you as soon as I got the package, but I didn't get the photos out of my camera until just now. My pal was Beth, and she really, really put a LOT of effort into paying close attention to my wish list and likes. She also must be psychic ... I've been meaning to get myself a stack of little sticky notes forever, and I never seem to get around to it, so here they are and my problem is solved. She got me the Arrogant Worms' album Dirt, she got me the Yarn Harlot's Knitting Rules, and even got me the only non-chocolate candy I can't resist, SweeTarts. And she got them in heart shapes! I didn't even know they came like that.
Plus, she got me a bar of lavender soap - mmmm! A really nice ornament, the fun light-up knitting needles (they're really neat...I just love gadgets!). Plus she got me some lemon hand soap from Trader Joe's especially for kitchen use. Did she know we had just run out of soap in the kitchen? Did she know I've never been in a Trader Joe's? AND she MADE me a dishcloth. I love dishcloths, and can barely stand to knit them myself, because I don't really enjoy knitting with cotton. And finally, she got me a wonderful dragonfly card. I adore dragonflies.

Then there's this:
I just finished knitting the pair of socks I started with the yarn she sent me in the first package. That's right, I didn't even take a picture before putting them on. They are soooooooo soft. Ultramerino 4. Mmmmm. I feel SO spoiled. THANK YOU!!!

Now, for the the correction. In an earlier post I had incorrectly identified the pattern I was making above. It's the "Fancy Silk Sock" from the Nancy Bush book, Knitting Vintage Socks.

And finally, to answer Beth's question to my last post, these squares are between 4 1/2 and 5 inches. It's not that I'm a saint and will put them all together at once, though. I suspect I'll make a scarf first and then maybe expand on it over time. I've only made a little more than a dozen pairs of socks, so I'll surely be without enough yarn to actually make anything for a very long time. And I'm going to have to sew them together as I go, or I'll lose them, just like I've managed to mis-place about half my leftover sock yarn already!

Now one thing I did was figure out how to make this pattern in a diamond pattern. I took a picture before ripping it out and going back to squares. But I really enjoyed figuring this out.

Right now I find myself itching to try out new textures. I'm having a good time with it, and as you can see, I actually do finish something once in a while!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home