Friday, January 26, 2007

What to do with the leftover sock yarn?

I haven't been here recently. My mother had a knee replacement and it has been a trip, to say the least. When it's all over, I'm going to have a lot to say about the healthcare system here in the U.S.A.

But today I am going to answer the question of what I've finally decided to do with the leftover sock yarn.

I actually tried the Mason-Dixon Knitting log cabin squares solution. I just didn't like it.

I tried the mitred square blanket. One square was my limit.

This, for some stupid reason, has struck my fancy.



It's based on a 32-stitch cast-on, three ridges of garter stitch, then with a four-row garter-stitch border I've got honeycomb stitch for the inner square, then a final three-ridge garter stitch.

I'm not exactly enjoying the knitting of it. It's not about enjoying ... it's about not being able to put it down. And with such small squares, I'm just about starting one when I'm finishing it. I love the way it comes out, so it's either going to end up a scarf or a blanket or a shawl...something.

This is really good in-bed knitting.

Yes, the man in my life is a saint. He looks like an angel, too.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

January 27, 2007 4:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice to see you are back. The squares look lovely. How big do they measure? Your man must be a saint!

January 29, 2007 10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home