Monday, January 01, 2007

Scarf Progress

Also known as mindless knitting.

This pattern was described to me by someone at my local SnB last year. I modified it for my purposes so it actually is not the same lovely scarf she had - the two rows lined up differently on her scarf.

I have finished the scarf since the pictures you see here. I needed something completely mindless and I couldn't keep my eyes off the one skein of UltraMerino my SP8 gave me. In fact, I've been forcing myself not to cast on the UltraMerino sock yarn my SP9 gave me because I hadn't picked out the perfect pattern yet.

I've also been playing around with a laceweight glove (13 stitches per inch...yes, I am crazy). And I finished the Bamboo socks (that took me forever) and then wore them before taking a picture ... sorry, next week. They really are lovely, though. That's really lovely yarn.

And right after I post this, I'm going to go block the sweater (the sweater I knit out of my failed attempt to knit a skirt) in preparation for seaming it. All I've got to do is seam it and knit the button bands and neck. This will be the first sweater I knit for myself. Slap me, ok?

So anyhow, this scarf pattern is as follows:

1)cast on 40 stitches.
2)repeat *knit 3 purl 1* to end.
repeat following two rows to end:
3)slip first stitch, knit 1, purl 1, repeat *knit 3 purl 1* to end but purl last stitch (row will end with two purl stitches).
4)slip first stitch knit 2 purl 1 repeat *knit 3 purl 1* to end.

cast off.

Progress photos:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home