Sunday, December 24, 2006

He caught me...

My sweetheart caught me ripping out something I had just recently started to knit. I didn't like the way that yarn looked in garter stitch. After I told him he could keep me entertained for a long time with just one ball of yarn, he replied, "She tinks she'll knit that again."

I think I'm smitten.

I recently had a most unpleasant knitting-related lesson (well, loosely knitting-related). My washing machine broke, so I had to go to the laundromat. You know I lost a sock. Can you guess which one? It was the one I can never, ever replace. It was one of the pair knit for me in the last Sockapalooza. I am ... resigned. And very, very careful to make sure I spin the drum three full times looking for stuff stuck in odd corners before leaving the machine.

We thought I had lost two of my sweetheart's socks. But no, one of them was in an odd corner of our very own dryer right here at home. So I only lost one from each of us, and his wasn't hand-knit.

People have asked me how long it would take me to knit a pair of socks. After sitting in the emergency room with my mother last night (she had a fever and the rehab place was right to be careful) for six hours, I knit half a gusset and half a foot in six hours. And remember, I knit two socks at once. So I think I could probably polish off a full pair in about 30 hours. Actually, it would probably take me less time than that, since I wasn't knitting uninterrupted that whole time.

So, as the English say, Happy Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home