Sunday, October 29, 2006

My Secret Pal is Great




This is toooooooo cute! I love it!

I have been working too many hours in the past two weeks to keep my brain working straight. I finally took a couple days of vacation out of sheer necessity and spent some time with my sweetheart. I feel so much better and more able to concentrate. I think my boss could tell I had just about gotten beyond my ability to cope. Mind you, four hours working today and I was just about ready to spit. I just hate doing the same thing over and over again and not getting anywhere because I'm supposed to be telling someone else how to do it instead of doing it myself. Even though I know I'm going to get stuck doing it myself in the end anyhow. Apparently, I'm not good at writing specifications for other people to do what I do in my sleep.

Ok, enough complaining (living up to the name of my blog, right?) and more knitting. I have finally figured out what my most wanted book is. It's Knitting Around by Elizabeth Zimmerman. This is the book that supposedly has a sock pattern where you can replace just the sole of the foot. Even though I haven't worn out even one pair of my socks yet, I really want that book.

I have also given up finding a matching yarn for the Bamboo my SP8 gave me. I love the Regia Bamboo, but I got this picture of one of the patterns from Sensational Knitted Socks in a combination of the Bamboo and black. But I don't want to mix fiber blends and the Bamboo doesn't come in solid colors. I'm going to have to make my mix with something else.

On the needles (no pictures, sorry) are two pairs of socks. On the first pair I'm just starting to decrease the toes and the yarn is something superwash and self-patterning by Knitpicks. On the second pair I'm just starting to decrease the gussets after my very first German heel and the yarn is a solid JaWoll. Two clapotis - one for a friend in Gedifra Cubetto and one for me in Knitpicks Alpaca Cloud. I also started a yellow scarf for the red scarf project ... probably. Don't ask. They said it could be in any gender-neutral color, I have a skein of yellow that I am not ready to turn into baby hats and I figure someone out there hates the color red and will be thrilled to get it. However, now I have a deadline. I better figure out what it is.

So, now I'm off to get some sleep before another exhausting week of ... telling other people exactly what to do and, apparently, how to do it. I'm a bossy person, but I do not enjoy this for some reason.

Oh, yeah, and I promised my mother a black hat. Hmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home