Sunday, October 15, 2006

Idiocy and other embarrassments

This is me figuring out that I did have enough yarn for another pattern repeat in the clapotis I've been knitting.

Yes, I feel like an idiot. I had stopped knitting this until I got around to putting in a lifeline. Then I knitted it to the end (almost) and decided I didn't have enough yarn. So I ripped out to the lifeline and knitted it to the end with one less repeat. Next I decided I must have way too much yarn left over, knitted what you see here - one repeat all by itself and still connected to the rest of the scarf - then ripped back to the lifeline and knit it to the end with the extra repeat back in there. It is finished. I am now knitting an identical one in a black and white colorway. Let's see how nuts I get from this.

The next two pictures are a tale of two pairs of socks. I bought myself a size 1 circular from Knitpicks and couldn't wait to try it out.

Would you misunderstand me if I were to tell you I'm thrilled and they should be running an add, "Tink Faster!" Really. I tinked three rows and it was almost painless. Needing to tink was not the fault of the needles.
These are the socks I let languish on the needles while I played with my new needles.

As you can see (maybe), I've gotten around the heel and it's all simple knitting until I get to the toe. These are my fraternal socks - I couldn't be bothered to match the pattern before starting. Not excited, am I?

I made another baby hat. This one's in cotton. I still don't get along with this yarn. (Yes, I bought it thinking it would become ... a clapotis.)


Oh, yes. I also made a button. Let's see if I can figure out how to use it.

1 Comments:

Blogger starrypurplehaze said...

Don't forget that one of the rules of SP9 is 4 posts a month, with at least one being fiber-related...since it started midmonth, I'm allowing two posts this month...so please post soon!

Thanks. :)

October 25, 2006 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home