Thursday, September 21, 2006

Very tired and late to boot

My secret pal sent me a wonderful final package, and I've got to say she really hit the spot with this one. She stood in line and got me a signed copy of the Harlot's first book. She sent me two kinds of chocolate. She sent me ... bamboo. I have misplaced my shorter size one needles and have a sock I'm not really interested in on my 150cm circulars. I think I'm gonna take that sock off the needles and start myself a pair of luscious socks! What a great pal she was. I'm gonna miss her.



At the last minute, I contacted my pal and asked her to hold my final package until I got back from England. I'm so grateful that she did. In fact, she put it in the mail just before leaving for Belgium! I'm really grateful. I really needed the pick-me-up after insulating one of my sweetheart's sister's attic rooms. Plus I was convinced it would arrive while I was gone and get rained on somehow.

It was really wonderful to get this package after spending so much time knitting hats.



That's right, all I knit in England was hats. I'm almost done with the sleeves on my sweater and I didn't dare take anything but hats with me. The adult hat was a bit of an experiment, and it turned out just fine.

When I got back I made some lanyards for the new office keys. (Ya gotta carry this electronic thing with you all the time or you can't get to the bathroom without setting off the fire alarm. No, I'm not kidding.)

It wasn't until tonight that I dared pick up the sweater and figure out where I was, and that was an accident. I thought I had grabbed my purse on the way out the door to split a pizza with my sweetheart. Hah. It's a good thing I wasn't driving. I am too tired. Fortunately the two things I can do while asleep is knit and program.

I'm gonna post this and some time in the near future I'm going to read it and realize I was too tired to actually do this. I'm really tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home