Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Itty Bitty Gansey & a Scarf

I didn't tell you I was working on this, did I?

Well, see, I can't stick to one thing at a time, that's all. (Yeah, I know I've got a couple ends to weave in yet - I haven't even removed the ball of yarn from it!)

This is a great little project and I learned a lot without having to knit a whole sweater. Bwa-ha-ha-ha!

Don't ask me what the yarn was - I got it on clearance because I had never used sock yarn and I wanted to play with it. The project is from this book. You can't see the details because I used self-patterning yarn which overwhelms the stitch pattern and also because I don't have much battery life left in the batteries in my camera so I did a snap-and-run.

Oh, yeah, I also wanted to take a picture of the scarf I finished.

This is Art Yarns Broadway in a 25-stitch k1p1 pattern on size 13 needles. I started the first skein from the outside of the ball and the second skein from the inside of the ball and the colors seemed to magically match up. I just bought two more skeins of the stuff in a different colorway and I'm going to try a different stitch pattern. But I could not make myself follow the pattern they give on the label. The only diagonal "scarf" I've been able to stand is the clapoits, and I've made a whole bunch of those!

(Yes, yes, I have a couple ends to weave in on this, too. I'll get to it before I wear it, ok? Whine, whine, whine!)

I am now trying to decide if I'm going to sign up for Secret Pal 8. It sounds like a lot of fun and I have until the end of April to make up my mind. I probably will. I just have to decide what I want to do for an anonymous email address.

I wonder what an ony mouse is? Perhaps a long lost relative of the dormouse?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The itty-bitty gansey is really neat! I immediately thought of my granddaughter and her thousands of Barbies laying about half naked. One of them would love this little sweater. But then again, how big is it?

April 19, 2006 6:44 AM  
Blogger Whining Procrastinator said...

Thanks! It really was fun to knit.

I'll give you flat measurements - not circumference measurements...

The neck will stretch to 2" across and the cuffs are about 1".

It's 5" from shoulder to shoulder, the arms are an additional 3.5" from each shoulder, and it's 6.5" from neck to hem.

Would that fit a Barbie? It sounds rather oversized to me. Comfy. Hmmm.

April 19, 2006 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home