Wednesday, April 12, 2006

He could've had a pair of socks by now

Years ago I played two games of bumper pool. The first game was, if I may say so myself, perfect. I got that ball lined up so I could get it in the hole with one shot. I did that something like fifteen times in a row. The second game I couldn't get one ball in the hole. I have never seen bumper pool anywhere else, and I'm not sure I'd be up to trying it again if I had the opportunity. But I just wanted to illusrate my beginner's luck to you before showing you what I did.
You see, the first time I tried to do the rounded toe, it came out to my satisfaction. Today, I tried it again. The picture you see here is me half-way to ripping out twenty-four rows of knitting.
I still had about forty stitches to decrease away when I measured, came up with a number over an inch too long, and asked my sweetheart to try the socks on. Yep, they were already something out of Grimm's fairy tales. If I keep this up, the poor guy will think I wish he had bigger feet.
And, of course, I was stressing out about running out of yarn. I now know for sure that I have plenty yarn. I won't need nearly as much as I'm ripping out!
Yes, this is what's wrong with knitting two socks at the same time. Any completely stupid thing you do to one of them is done to both.
They're koigu. They're going to be absolutely beautiful. In a day or two.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emma said...

Ooh, they ARE going to be beautiful. Good luck!

April 13, 2006 2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home