Sunday, March 05, 2006

Almost Done!


I'm starting to decrease for the toes!

See why I like to do two socks on one circular? They'll be done together. They'll be the same (except for variations in color). No second sock syndrome for me!

I was very surprised to get a callus from knitting on my left hand. I wasn't surprised about the callus on my right hand at the junction between my pinky and hand, because that spot hurt for a while. But I was surprised about the callus on my left ring-finger, until I paid close attention to what I was doing when knitting, and noticed that I use that spot on my finger as an anchor.

I'm beginning to think I should knit a pair of knitting gloves. This would be a pair of glove-like things to cushion the spots on my hands that are getting calluses. Considering how much whining I did recently that I couldn't find a pattern for sock-weight yarn to make any gloves with fingers, it's pretty funny that I'm now deciding I absolutley must knit a pair of fingerless gloves.

Go figure.

In other knitting news, I was extremely proud of myself for coming up with a method of reading and knitting at the same time. It was really simple. Just put your book inside a clear plastic bag and cinch up the bag enough that the book would stay open and the pages couldn't turn themselves. Every so often, put the knitting down and carefully flip a page.

I got through two whole chapters of this book using my new method, and was happy with my new method even though I discovered that I knit and read considerably slower when I do both together. But I was extremely proud of myself until ....
Ok, so I was knitting while sitting on the side of the bed, and she jumped up and demanded to sit on the socks. Of course I refused. It's bad enough that I have to remove cat hair from everything I own. I am determined to give my sock pal a pair of cat-hair-free socks. But She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed proceeded to bite and fight with me until I abandoned my book so she could sleep on it.

Hah. At least my book is protected from cat hair.

2 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

Those socks look great! I love the two socks on two circs method. I used to have such a problem with second sock syndrom. :)

March 08, 2006 2:29 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

The socks look great! Congratulations on finishing. Re: your extra yarn, maybe you can just throw it in the package with the socks just in case they ever need to be darned?

March 18, 2006 6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home